grade - single flower
Star anise is a popular spice with a star-like shape. Star anise is a dried flower of the star anise tree (Illicium verum), used as a spice and source of pharmaceutical material.
In traditional Chinese folk medicine practices, star anise is steeped in water to make a tea used to treat respiratory infections, constipation, nausea, and many digestive issues.
Anise is commonly used as an exotic spice in Indian and Chinese cuisines. Because of its strong, attractive fragrance, it is mostly used in biryanis, chicken dishes, seafood, garam masala mix, and other vegetarian dishes.
This small star-like element is having many health benefits that can help us fight several illnesses.
- Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A and C, which help fight free radicals that cause early aging and diabetes.
- The essential oil found in star anise contains thymol, terpineol, and anethole. These are used for treating cough and flu.
- It helps improve digestion, alleviate cramps, and reduce nausea.
- Drinking one glass of water with the crushed star anise before bedtime can increase one's sex drive
- star anise is one of the key ingredients in Indian masala chai too! Consuming star anise tea after meals helps control digestive ailments such as bloating, gas, indigestion, and constipation