KUNTHIRIKKAM / FRANKINCENCE
Kunthirikkam is a large tree with white flowers, a substance used to create aroma. The core of the tree is very small but the wood is of good weight. Kunthirikkam tree has a wound, and the stain that comes out of the wound is incensed. This is also called kunthirikkam. In Assam and Bengal in India and in the Western Ghats- Kerala. In tropical rainforests of India. Charakan and Sushruta refer to it as Shallaki. "Bhavamishra" refers to the paste as kunthuru or kunthirikkam. Also known as Kungilyam.
Kunthirikkam obstruct the production of leukotrienes, which are inflammatory molecules in the body. Kunthirikkam may be able to help you avoid inflammation until it becomes a problem by blocking leukotrienes. Kunthirikkam has the ability to kill germs. Kunthirikkam has the ability to heal wounds.
- kunthirikkam used in the wax making.
- Used as an important ingredient in many ointments and oils used in Ayurveda.
- Kunthirikkam used in the production of varnish.
- It should not be used on the skin but may relieve fever, sweating, and phlegm.
- Kunthirikkam reduces inflammation.