All spices or Sarva Sugandhi
Allspice berries, also known as Sarv Sugandhi or Jamaica pepper, got their name Allspice because of their aromatic flavor, which is the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
It is cultivated in many warm parts of the world. The fruits are picked when green and unripe and are traditionally dried in the sun. The unripe berries and leaves of the plant are used to make medicine.
We mainly use allspice as a spice. However, it has the following health benefits:
- Allspice is used to cure indigestion (dyspepsia), intestinal gas, and abdominal pain
- It is also to get relief during heavy menstrual periods
- Allspice prevents vomiting, diarrhea, fever, colds, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity
- Some people apply allspice directly to the affected area for muscle pain and toothache
- They also put it on the skin to kill harmful germs.
- Dentists use eugenol, a chemical in allspice to kill germs on teeth and gums.
- Allspice is also used to flavor toothpaste.
- It is safe for consumption among pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Allspice can slow blood clotting. Hence it is recommended by researchers to stop using allspice at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.